Trainer for waiter/bartenders

Moderators: shaneiswow44, stefun, Pokejon, Whatstheplay, presidant11

Whatstheplay
Site Admin

Trainer for waiter/bartenders

Post by Whatstheplay » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:56 am

I'm a trainer for waiters/bartenders. I got mad personality but the people I train seem lacking in social skills. Whats The Play?

jtowner8

Re: Trainer for waiter/bartenders

Post by jtowner8 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:00 am

It takes a special kind of person to be a bartender. You can train a monkey to pour drinks but there is a whole different set of skills to actually serve the drink. Social skills are very hard to teach. I was a bartender for 5 years and still work about 2-3 times a month for a catering company as a drink slinger. My suggestion is, make them a bar back. That way they can work in the environment and maybe the social skills will rub off on them. I loved my bar backs. Treat them like a slave one second and a hero the next. That will either break them out of their shell or run them off. That is a win win in my book. hopefully that helped.

cBert

Re: Trainer for waiter/bartenders

Post by cBert » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:22 am

Agreed. I bartended in college at a Really nice place in Malibu and had a clientele of regulars. You Either have it or you don’t. You either work with things or you work with people not both. You have to know how to work your crowd, you have to know your audience. An introvert is a bar back. An extrovert is a bartender, but that’s a good suggestion maybe some social skills will rub off and they’ll come out of their shell and shine.